In 1880, Mr. Henry Weiss began supplying tools for the sheet metal industry in New York City. His knowledge and dedication to quality led him to found the H. Weiss & Company in 1919. The company’s mission was clear: to provide “wholesale and retail sheet metal machinery and supplies to metal workers throughout the New York metropolitan area.”
That same year, Vincent J. Reitano Sr. (only 17 at the time and known affectionately as ‘Jimmy’) began working for Mr. Weiss as a laborer. He worked his way up through the ranks of the company and was eventually responsible for all day-to-day business operations. In 1957, Vincent Sr. became an official partner and helped steer the company into the future.
1958 - 1995
In 1958 and 1959 respectively, Vincent Sr.’s sons, Vincent and Joseph Sr., joined the company. They grew into leadership positions in the company and, in the early 1970s, ownership was transferred from the Weiss Estate to Vincent Reitano and Joseph Reitano Sr. They continued working with their father until his death in 1988.
Together they helped grow the company and solidify its reputation as the premier supplier of sheet metal machinery and tools throughout the Tri-state area.
In 1987, Joseph’s son, Leonard, joined H. Weiss & Company as an outside salesman. He expanded the sales territory and scope of machinery offered by the business, and eventually took over inside sales in 1992 when Vincent retired. In 1995, Joseph’s son, Joseph Jr., followed in his father’s footsteps and joined the company as an outside salesman. He continued to expand the customer base and scope of offering over the following decade.